I’m Speaking at Search Marketing Expo Toronto!
Posted on February 6, 2013 by Jim Rudnick
SMX Toronto offers over 20 sessions across 4 tracks plus indepth workshops and networking activities delivered by top industry professionals. Whether you are just getting started, planning your search strategy, managing the team, or you are deep into implementation, tactics and campaigns, you’ll get the knowledge, ideas and contacts needed to help you boost your search marketing results and take your skills to the next level. SMX Toronto is co-located with the eMetrics Summit, PAW, and IMC.
I’ve highlighted my own track in red here below and hope that if you’re a visitor to the show, that you do drop by and listen to what we all have to say. Google values Authorship and as Eric Schmidt said in his new book (i.e. it’s not an impromptu interview providing the interesting opinion) The Wall Street Journal has obtained some excerpts from Schmidt’s upcoming book, “The New Digital Age.” One of those excerpts clearly spells out where Google is heading in the future:
“Within search results, information tied to verified online profiles will be ranked higher than content without such verification, which will result in most users naturally clicking on the top (verified) results. The true cost of remaining anonymous, then, might be irrelevance.”
So if you want to add Authorship to your ranking tools, I’d definitely be at my session!
SMX Toronto 2013 Tracks and Topics include:
- Google Bought A Zoo: Surviving Penguins, Pandas & Other SEO Beasts
- What SEO Metrics Are Truly Important?
- Killer Content Remains King, Queen and Ace
- From Authorship To Authority: Why Claiming Your Identity Matters
Social Media & Canadian Issues Track
- Beyond Search: Leveraging Ads On Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
- Tuning Up Your Twitter Tactics
- Social Sites You Shouldn’t Overlook
- Multilingual & Multinational Search Marketing Tactics
- Discussion: The Most Important Success Factors For Canadian Search Marketers
Paid Search Track
- Amazing Paid Search Tactics & Tools
- Maximizing Google Paid Search Campaigns
- PPC Analytics: Crunching Your Own Data
SMX Advanced Track
- Advanced Keyword Research & Competitive Analysis Tactics
- Retargeting & Remarketing: The New Behavioral Ads
- Pumping Up Your Flabby PPC Pecs
- Schema: Why The “New” Structured Meta Data Matters
- Hardcore SEO & Social Power Tools
And my own session is billed as follows…
SEO Track: From Authorship To Authority: Why Claiming Your Identity Matters
With all of the recent focus on “content is king,” many marketers overlook that there’s a much broader process involved in establishing and maintaining the all-important factor of “authority.” This comprehensive session considers the entire process of “claiming your identity,” starting with brainstorming sessions with SEO, social and content development teams, to content promotion tactics for gaining authority links. Both enterprise SEO teams as well as outside consultants will benefit from this session.
Moderator: Andy Atkins-Kruger, Group CEO, WebCertain
So…if you want to go and are thinking that yes, this would be a real bonus way to get some ranking traction, I have been told that I may offer a 10% Promotional Speaker Discount (SMXTOR13) to friends and colleagues for the 2-day pass…so enter that PromoCode in the proper field at this URL!